In the Library
- Redo our Activity Room to focus more on early literacy and learning.
- Create monthly early literacy calendars.
- Put together circulating early literacy kits.
- Add STEAM programming to our program plans
- Become a better manager (Ongoing process, I know, but it has only been 4 months and there is still much to learn.)
- Survive my first library millage with my sanity intact.
Yes, I do have more great blog posts planned, including:
- How to use a stretchy band in story time
- Scarf activities
- Why booklists matter
- What every children's librarian should know
Presentations and Conferences
This winter, I am starting off the year with a bang. I am pretty clear after March, but then we get into the time of summer reading. If you see me at any of these, stop by to say "hi".
- "App Up Your Story Times" at ISLOC in January 2014.
- MI KidLib 2014-I am working with two great librarians to put together Michigan's first children's librarian unconference in February. It will be epic!
- PLA 2014 Conference (not presenting, just attending) in March
- Two presentations at MLA's Spring Institute in March
- "Guerilla Storytime" with Anne Clark and Megan Goedge
- "iKids: Adding Tablets and Apps to Your Programs for Young Children"
What are your plans for 2014?