Thursday, September 12, 2013

Flannel Friday-Teddy Bear Puppet

As some of you may know, I am in transition between two buildings right now.  Below is what my old desk currently looks like.  Please note the number of boxes.  (Honestly, it is the cleanest it has ever been!)


Since I am traveling back and forth, often in the same day, I have been living out of this lovely Vera Bradley tote bag.  It contains my iPad and notepad, plus any folders I may need for meetings in the next 2 weeks.


Seeing this, you will understand why I am not cutting out new flannelboards this week.  Instead, I am going to show off my really simple puppet that I use with rhymes.  You can make them for anything and in vast quantities rather quickly.  It took me 2 minutes or less to make one this morning.


One sealed envelope (I cut off about 3 inches at one end) + 1 die cut + glue stick=1 puppet.  Since they are easy and cheap, I like to send them home with the kids after we do the rhyme, although I do have one set of laminated teddy bears.

With my teddy bear puppets, I like to do the following rhyme:

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, stand up tall.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, make yourself small.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, run in place.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, stand real still.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, hold your hands up
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, put your hands down.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, lay on your back.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, roll to your front.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, smile a smile.
Teddy Bear, Teddy bear, look real sad.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, stand up again.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, sit right down.

Because of the nature of the rhyme, if there is a part that you don't like, you can easily cut out that rhyming section.  I will often cut out the lay on your back/roll to your front part as we just don't have the space for it. 

This week's Flannel Friday round-up is hosted by Bridget at What is Bridget Reading?  Stop on by for some great ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Love the simple puppet/prop/craft/giveaway idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...