Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Now Presenting Baby Story Time...

If you have been following along the past couple of weeks, you will have seen my big job change.  In addition to be really exciting for me professionally, it also means that I will now be doing a baby story time next week for the first time EVER.  It is a little intimidating as I have been doing 4 2 year old story times a week for at least the past 7 years, but I am looking at it as an awesome new frontier!  If you are like me and are starting from scratch, below are some resources to get you started.

Blogs
I will admit that blogs are my go-to resource to get started.  These people have real experience in the field.  Plus, they tell you what works and what doesn't.

Looking for Baby Books?
I am one of those people who like it when people show me books that have worked.  These two blogs have great lists that are up-to-date.

Professional Books
These are my favorite at the moment, but there are plenty of other great reference works out there.

Mother Goose on the Loose by Betsy Diamant-Cohen
This is one of the original great programs for babies and young children.  It is chock full of rhymes and plans with ready-to-go programs.

Finger Folk by Marilyn Lohnes
While the plans in here are for older kids (ages 2+), the patterns for the felt board pieces are perfect for count up and down rhymes.  I like using them with a glove or a lapboard.

The Very Ready Reading Program by Sue McCleaf Nespeca
This first binder is for ages 0-24 months and they are planning on coming out with two more next spring.  Twenty different quality baby story time plans are included, plus handouts for the parents and notes for the presenter.  While it is expensive, it is worth at least checking out.

adorable babies,fotolia,glowing,healthy,innocent,newborns,portraits,poses,rosy cheeks
Now I am all set and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...