Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hello Iowa!

This past Thursday I presented "App Up Your Story Times" at ISLOC 2014.  This was a really neat experience for me, because not only was I talking about one of my favorite subjects (apps!), but I could give the whole presentation from my office to librarians 3 states away.  This was awesome, because we all know (or can guess) what traveling through the Midwest is like in the beginning of January.  This type of conference gave me a reason to love technology more, even though there are still hiccups (yes, my mic did go out for 5 minutes in the middle of the presentation).

For those of you who attended the conference (or who are just interested in apps), here is more information:
  • The powerpoint presentation will be live, along with an audio recording, early next week on the ISLOC web site.  I am not going to post a copy here, because I am doing a very similar presentation to Michigan librarians in March and I would like them to come!
  • Check out the handout, either on the ISLOC web site or here.  This includes a lot of great information, such as the apps discussed, review sources, article citations, and more.
  • For those who are interested in an all app story time, check out two of my past programs here and here.
  • I had also mentioned the possibility of putting curated apps on your library's web site.  If you would like to see an example of ours, check out ours for ages 2-5 and ages 6-12.  Another library that really does this well is the Darien Library.

Thanks for attending and I hope to see you soon!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...