Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Guest Post-Palooza-The Runaway Cookies

 

As a part of the Flannel Friday is four celebration, I am guest hosting Jane's post below. 

Attributed to The San Diego County Kindergarten Club, from the book Storytelling with the Flannel Board, by Dr. Paul Anderson, this was another of my earliest flannel stories.
The pieces are pretty basic shapes, (cookie jar with lid, gingerbread man, sugary duck, frosted rabbit, cinnamon bear, and coconut lamb), but I used fabric paint to put in the details on each of the cookies. King County Library System has the words to the version I use, see:

At the end of the story I sweep all of the cookies in my hand, and place hand to mouth, as if I devoured all the cookies. I turn to the children and ask, where do you think they went? Hm-m-m…

There is another version, see Flannel Friday, The Runaway Cookie Parade:



You can find Jane McManus on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/storylady101jm/.
She is a Library Assistant who has been holding story times for 24 tears at the Winton Branch of the Rochester Public Library!  Although she doesn't have her own blog, she is one of the contributors to http://mclskids.pbworks.com/w/page/20658653/Story%20Time, part of the wiki of the Monroe County Library System in Rochester, NY. 

4 comments:

  1. Once again, awesome work Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful details on everything Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you referenced Lisa's blog (your host). Nice form. Now tell me, when are you getting your own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another "hit"! Your flannel pieces have that beautiful old-fashioned look from the original Golden Books. Beautiful ~ jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...