Thursday, January 28, 2016

Library Spaces

I have been doing a bunch of traveling to other libraries for ideas as we are working on our Family Place certification.  Here are some of my favorite pictures:

Farmington Community Library
Farmington is a local library who centered their children's room around your senses.  My favorite alcove is their "Hear It!" where you can try out various musical instruments.


Howell Carnegie District Library 
Howell is another local-ish library.  We visited them as they created a great Family Place space in a smaller space and we wanted to see how they did it.  Plus, it is always great to get tips from someone who has gone through the process!  My favorite part about their children's area is the tree in the story time room for the presenter!


Middle Country Public Library
I visited MCPL as a part of our Family Place training and they have an awesome outside area called a Nature Explorium.  They center different areas of the garden around different themes-play, create, etc.

This is a water painting wall.
 
 A bench that is also a xylophone
 
That's all I have for now.  Keep an eye out as I will be visiting Colorado this spring and will have more pictures of library spaces.
 

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Howell before but not the other libraries. I LOVE the Nature Explorium!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...